Arizona Metropolitan Trust (AzMT) wins 2012 Best of the West Award
At the 20th Anniversary of the Best of the West awards ceremony, AzMT was selected by a distinguished panel of judges as the recipient of the West Valley Excellence in Innovation Award. AzMT received the award at Westmarc’s annual awards banquet on November 1, which was attended by several hundred people representing West Valley businesses, school districts, municipal government and non-profit organizations.
AzMT won the Best of the West Award in the category of “Excellence in Innovation” in recognition of its innovative approach to rising benefit costs in municipal government through an integration of preventative and interventional medicine, as well as cost effective financial management and local governance. The judges called AzMT an “innovative answer to the rising cost of benefits has – and will continue to have – a positive effect on municipalities across the Valley for years to come.”
AzMT was formed July 01, 2012 by the cities of Apache Junction, Avondale, El Mirage and the Town of Youngtown as a means for public entities in Maricopa, Pima and Pinal counties to regain control over their employee benefit programs. Since its inception, AzMT has grown to include Buckeye Valley Fire District, City of Litchfield Park, City of Maricopa, Pinal County, Town of Fountain Hills, Town of Paradise Valley and Sun City Fire District and now covers over 2,750 employees. Governed by a Board of Trustees, AzMT has already enjoyed outstanding success, moving into a substantial surplus position as we enter our 8th year.
If your agency is tired of dealing with insurance companies and wants to gain more control over benefit costs, the Arizona Metropolitan Trust may be exactly what you are looking for.
Being part of AzMT allows you to have a seat at the table when it comes to benefit offerings, design and rates.
Governance, Membership Eligibility & Terms
AzMT is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of one Trustee and one Alternate Trustee per participating entity. AzMT membership is available to cities, towns, special districts and any non-school public entity as defined under ARS § 11-952.01.
Membership terms are a minimum of three years, with the initial membership term set to align the new entity with AzMT’s July 01—June 30 fiscal and plan years. Entities electing to leave AzMT upon completion of their membership terms are eligible for readmission after a three year absence.
Excellent Benefits at Competitive Rates
- 4 Medical Plans using the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona network
- 2 and 4 tier premium options available
- 2 Dental Plans using the Delta Dental Network
- 2 Vision Pans using VSP
- Basic Life/AD&D, Additional Life and Voluntary AD&D through Securian (underwritten by Minnesota Life)
- AzMT is professionally managed by Erin P. Collins & Associates, Inc., an experienced Arizona public entity pool administrator.
- Actuarial services are provided by Cheiron, a leading expert in Arizona public employee benefits.
- Medical claims administration is provided by AmeriBen, a leading third party claims administrator.
- Legal counsel is provided by Michael Hensley of Jones Skelton & Hochuli, a premiere employee benefits attorney in Arizona.
- AzMT is subject to annual independent audit and periodic examination by the Arizona Department of Insurance.